Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 29


11 more weeks to go. What a crazy life this is.

I survived another round of layoffs at work. Hopefully, with the summer season drawing to an end, it will be our last round. Aaron is still looking for a teaching job, and is working a temp job in the meantime.

We have decided to never buy an HP printer again. We have bought (or received replacements) on 3 printers from them, and we have spent over 6 hours on the phone with technical support. The last straw was when the HP IT agent deleted Microsoft Office from our computer. Aaron had to do a system restore to get Office working again. Thankfully we invested in a backup hard drive last year. Nothing was lost. Still, never letting them ever touch our computer again. Any suggestions on a different brand?

I’m healthy, and so is Aaron. Dr. Stone and Mary say HI!

3 comments:

AutismPsyD said...

You're looking good, there, sis!

Sorry you're having such a hard time with the electronics. I don't think there is a good brand. My best experience has been with HP laser but all the inkjets I've owned have been quite unsatisfactory. Epson uses the color ink on every print job, whether it's B/W or not, and whether you tell it the job is B/W or not. I expect the others do, too. Ink cartridges cost more than replacing the printer. Between planned obsolescence, job security for tech support people, and cheap materials, they insure their bottom dollar at the expense of ours.

Proud of you...thanks for the update!

CrouchingOwl said...

Ilike my brother laser printer.

Thora said...

You look so beautiful. I wish I was there to talk to that belly of yours and hang out with my sis. Love you so much. Hi back to Dave and Mary!